Monday, August 25, 2014

Beyonce's 15 Minute VMA Performance was Epic

After you watch the MTV VMA's, do you ever only remember those distinct performances that had a chilling affect on you?

For me, it was performances by Beyonce', Nicki Minaj, and Maroon 5, that completely stole the show. I also appreciated the SNL funnyman Jay Pharoah, who was hilarious and had me chuckling quite a bit.
Nicki Minaj's Anaconda; I hardly know where to begin as her live performance was just as great as her music video! The set design, costumes, and choreography all intertwined perfectly while Nicki spit her venomous lyrics as she shook that rump shaker all over the stage, while making you comprehend the true meaning of the name...Anaconda


As Nicki gyrated all around -- the look on singer Rita Ora's face was absolutely priceless, as she appeared to be hypnotized by the twerk master that stood before her.

Newly married front man Adam Levine, led the Maroon 5 band into a rocking first song that tore the house down as he belted out his words with eyes closed, head back, foot tapping, and his signature staccato voice drove the chorus home. All you could do was rock your head and shimmy your shoulders, as you fully understood that the song Maps -- is a definite must have.

Beyonce. Beyonce. Beyonce.

One can hardly find the words to describe the amazing artistry of this extraordinary woman. If I had been near her as her performance ended, I would have taken slow strides toward her and then poked her with one finger -- to see if she was really human. But that's the feeling that she gives me when she performs -- a feeling that she doesn't seem almost real. Her level of performance intensity and drive surpasses anything that I would've ever imagined coming from any one artist. 

She took you from slow pace to fast pace so quick that it left your head spinning, and her words were so real and poetic as it captured a unique blend of:

- Grimy; "How did you wake up this morning?" 

- Reality; "We're taking this a little to far." 

- Charisma; "You're no angel either baby." 

- Sarcasticness; "Sometimes sh*t goes down when there's a billion dollars on the elevator." 

- Sexiness; "You want me -- I walk down the hallway -- you like it -- the bedroom's a runway -- slap me -- I'm quick to the doorway -- kiss -- bite -- foreplay." 

- Raunchiness; "Let me sit this ass on you -- show you how I feel -- let me take this off while you watch me -- that's mass appeal -- don't take your eyes off it -- watch it -- if you like you can touch it baby -- do you want to touch it baby?"

- Purity; "Come on baby won't you hold onto me Blue?"

- Beautifulness; "I'm just jealous -- I'm just human -- don't judge me -- If you're keeping your promise I'm keeping mine." 

Like an onion has many layers that one must peel back to get to the core of it; Beyonce' is a W-O-M-A-N with many different layers -- so many complexities, which she brilliantly fit all that is her into one concert of song and movement. She gave all of us -- all of her, on all of her many levels at one time and personally I appreciate her candidness, and how she made a masterpiece with it.

I've been riding with Beyonce' since her Destiny's Child years, and to watch her evolve into the true artist that she is today only makes me super excited about her future evolution, and what fantastic musical rides that she has in store for us. 

I want to ask Beyonce "does it get any better than this?" But something tells me that her immediate response would be, absolutely.
Queen Bey's performance closed out the show -- and rightfully so, as her husband and baby girl joined her on stage to reward her with the Michael Jackson Vanguard award. Congratulations Mrs. Carter, you definitely earned this prestigious award for your unshakable, undeniable, and truly gifted soul.

#Smh #MakingHistory #OutOfBodyExperience 

Catch the MTV VMA's on a repeat, I promise you won't be disappointed. 

2014 LA

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! I appreciate you!