Saturday, August 9, 2008

BeRnIe MaC dEaD aT 50


When first hearing of B-Mac falling ill due to pneumonia, my initial thoughts were "uh oh, I hope he gets better." 

And I went on with life assuming that he would, until yesterday it was reported that Bernie Mac, undeniably one of the funniest men of all time -- had died. All I could do was be silent. 

Reminiscing back to the first time I laid eyes on the tall chocolate brother; he had on stone washed jeans, a colorful shirt, and when Bernie graced the stage of 'Def Comedy Jam' he yelled out, "KICK IT! YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND! I AIN'T SCARED OF YOU MTF'S!" 

The newbie to the spotlight had my attention ever since. Bernie's last public appearance was at a fundraiser for Democratic presidential candidate, Barack Obama. 

B-Mac, you were audaciously talented and touched the hearts of so many people -- including mine. You will forever be missed and my condolences go out to the Mac family.

2008 LA

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! I appreciate you!